Allensmead, is situated in Grays. Essex. The home is a 10 minute bus ride from the town centre, where you can easily access all aminities. Allensmead is less than 5 minutes walk from Blackshots Leisure centre.
The environment at Allensmead is a unique element of the service, which operates as a single service. The home setting provides gender specific accommodation/staffing which allow the rehabilitation programme to be delivered in a domestic environment which replicates community living more closely. The location delivers a more relaxed local environment than a busy inner-city setting to enable the service user to engage in their therapeutic programme.
The service is staffed 24/7 by a dedicated team comprising a Manager and support workers.
A holistic, psychosocial treatment programme is provided by a full multi-disciplinary team Our staff team implements a person-centred approach and positive support through the PROACT-SCIPr-UK® philosophy. PROACT-SCIPr-UK® is a whole approach to support which focuses on prevention rather than intervention. This approach identifies distress early and our staff are trained to respond positively, in a non-restrictive way.
Treatment incorporates the following elements:
- Positive risk taking
- Strengths based approach
- Positive behaviour management strategies
- Care planned psychological therapies
- Access to at least 30 hours of meaningful activity 7 days a week
- Developing independent living skills and community engagement
- A strong emphasis on safeguarding
- Robust clinical governance
- Access to independent advocacy
- Strong multiagency and family partnerships to ensure a holistic package of care and pathway