The Tidings home which was registered in 2006. This 3 bedded home is registered to accommodate a maximum of 2 service users. The Tidings is situated in Halstead, Rural Essex. The home offers specious, warm and homely facilities. The staff in the home endeavour to create an environment that is safe, stable and culturally sensitive within which service users can feel secure and where their physical and emotional well-being will be promoted. This will include advice, guidance and support in coming to terms with past difficulties and preparing for the future.
Our homes are unique in there functioning, however they do share a common ground in service delivery. Our job is to ensure that all your daily tasks are met with the least inconvenience as possible. If you can’t speak, we will work with you to find out how you like to communicate.
At The Tidings staff are geared to support you in
- Making friends, new hobbies, new relationships, going out and visiting places
- Everyday living skills: budgeting and managing finances, support with menu planning, shopping, cooking and diet, help with gas and electricity companies and housework
- Personal care: support with general health, self harm, mental health, drug and alcohol problems.
- Helping you to get disabled adaptations to your home
- Personal safety: safeguarding issues
- Equal rights and supporting stopping harassment
- Celebrating your culture and visiting religious places
- Reminding you to take your medication and storing it safely
We regularly review your person centred care plan to ensure that we respond to your changing needs. Service users living in our Halstead Homes get together every Sunday (Social Sunday) for Sunday lunch. This has been such a success as it allows people from different homes to meet and socialise.